Apologies for being so irresponsive to your comments and the lack of posting. Since a few weeks back, my work has been zapping my energy throughout each working week. As a result, I hardly have time to even visit some of my favourite blogs, not to bake mention bake during the weekdays. When the weekends come around, all I want to do is to catch up on some rest.However, I wanted to share with you a new summer recipe--Chicken In Anice Sauce. This rich sauce is flavoured with star-anise for a touch of oriental spice. Real Yummy !!
500 gns Chicken
200 ml White Wine
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/3 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Shitake Mushrooms
2 Star Anise
1. Clean the chicken , put into a frying pan
.2. Add the white wine, pepper, sugar, shitake mushrooms, star anise and light soy sauce.
3. Cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, turning over once.
4. Remove the chicken and mushrooms and set aside.
5. Deglaze the pan, by adding a little extra white wine and stirring to make the sauce.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken.